If you’re like us, you think there’s no such thing as too much sparkle at the holidays! That’s why we enjoy a visit to Walt Disney World® Resort during this season. Whether you attend Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party (a separately ticketed event offered on select nights November 8-December 21) or are simply planning a holiday visit, there’s so much to do and see. Here are some fun facts about what it takes for the Disney elves to transform Magic Kingdom® Park and Walt Disney World® Resort into the “sparkliest place on Earth.”
1. The longest float in the Christmas parade is 50 feet in length.
2. 391 individual costume pieces are used for Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration show.
3. A 65-foot tall tree is on display in Town Square. It weighs 16.5 tons and is topped with a two-foot star.
4. 5,400 LED lights bedeck the Christmas tree!
5. It takes 350,000 lights to create the Castle Dream Lights spectacle (That’s enough to cover almost 1,750 eight-foot Christmas trees)!
6. It takes 7-8 weeks to install the Castle Dream Lights.
7. The Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade has been delighting families since 1983.
8. 51,888 feet of garland is used to decorate Main Street, U.S.A.
9. A ton of sweet fun! To create the life-sized gingerbread house at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, pastry chefs use:
- 1,050 pounds honey
- 140 pints egg whites
- 700 pounds chocolate
- 800 pounds flour
- 25 pounds spices
- 600 pounds powdered sugar
While you’re visiting, be sure to use your Cardmember savings of 10% off select merchandise purchases of $50 or more at Walt Disney World® Resort to bring home some bling for your own home decor.1 Learn more about holiday happenings at Walt Disney World® Resort.