Where else can you tour an entire globe’s worth of cuisine, live performances and culture… all while wearing Mickey Ears? The World Showcase at Epcot® makes dreams of international adventure a reality, all in one gorgeously-designed, easy-to-navigate destination. We’re celebrating the 11 countries that make up the World Showcase by highlighting a few ways to become a globetrotter with nothing but a curious palate, an appetite for adventure, and, of course, your Disney® Visa® Card in your pocket to collect some savings along the way. Here are our recommendations for what to do, what to see, and of course, where to go for world-class shopping and dining.
Explore a fiesta of Mexican culture and cuisine around the grandeur of a Mayan temple
For a tropical vibe and a colorful environment, Mexico’s Yucatan jungle landscape surrounds shops, carts and cantinas containing refreshments and goods. Keep an ear out for the music of a live Mariachi band.
- Take in a wide range of Mexican favorites and test your spice tolerance, from tacos to tequila, on the waterfront at La Hacienda de San Angel.
- For a voyage through Mexico’s history alongside classic Disney characters, ride the Gran Fiesta Tour with Donald Duck and the Three Caballeros.
- Browse pottery and leatherworks at Mexican Folk Art Gallery, which contains artifacts of Mexico’s past and artwork from present day!
Marvel at medieval-style architecture, mythological lore, and Frozen friends
Storm the Norwegian courtyard like the Vikings of yesteryear and you’ll encounter the towering peaks of a fortress, a church atop rustic cobblestone streets, and plenty of crowd enthusiasm for meeting Anna and Elsa, Disney’s Princesses from the Norway-inspired land Arendelle.
- Experience “storybook dining” and traditional Norwegian-style cuisine at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, with appearances from Disney Princesses.
- Sing along and wave “hello!” to your favorite characters as you ride through Frozen’s most memorable moments on Frozen Ever After.
- Find Frozen gifts and charming Norwegian trinkets (troll statuettes, anyone?) at Wandering Reindeer. Cardmembers, warm up to this shop and use your Disney Visa Card to get 10% off select merchandise purchases of $50 or more!2, 3
Choose excitement or serenity as you step through China’s ceremonial gates
Keep up with the fast-paced shopping and dining offerings of modern China, with acrobat acts throughout the day for added thrills. Or, take a peaceful pause with a stroll through traditional Chinese landscapes featuring waterfalls and footbridges.
- With intense flavors to satisfy a range of palates, try Nine Dragons for Chinese cuisine and plenty of opportunities to show off your chopstick skills. Leave room for the fortune cookie!
- Meet Mulan throughout the day as she greets Guests for fun and photos.
- Explore Chinese collectibles and cultural symbols at the Yong Feng Shangdian shop, from books and jewelry to silk clothing, paper fans, and, of course, stuffed pandas for all ages.
Say “Guten Tag” to a German plaza with a castle and storybook Bavarian buildings
Arrive on the hour to hear the clocktower in this picturesque plaza chime with a cheery melody as it welcomes guests to model trains, cuckoo clocks, decadant desserts and songs from German lore – including a polka band that performs every day.
- Prost!— That’s “cheers” in German, which you can add to your vocabulary during your stop at Biergarten. The restaurant offers a buffet that makes it feel like Oktoberfest all year round. Cardmembers, get ready to splurge: your Disney Visa Card gets you 10% off your meal, excluding alcohol, at this location most days!4
- Pick up a new friend at Der Teddybar, which offers stuffed animals and toys in German attire to cuddle all the way from their homeland to yours.
Cross a Venetian bridge and look up to a gorgeous 83-foot bell tower as you step into Italian culture
Keep your camera ready to snap photos of recreations of Italian landmarks, such as the Neptune Fountain and St. Marks Square Campanile. Enjoy a classic piazza-style juggling show and take in the air of romance all around.
- Pick a wine pairing for your pasta at Tutto Italia Ristorante, with wall murals and a full wine cellar-style bar that’s sure to make every meal feel like a special occasion.
- Prepare to be dazzled! Il Bel Cristallo takes shoppers through world-renowned Italian artworks, from porcelain works to crystalware.
6. United States
Honor the heritage and history of the U.S.A. among gorgeous greenery and famous figures
Strike a pose beside a Colonial-style mansion modeled after Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello and stop and smell the roses in the surrounding garden. You’ll quickly see why this beautiful Epcot® pavilion hosts special concerts, events and musical performances throughout the year.
- Treat yourself to hearty helping of peach cobbler at Liberty Inn, which delivers American comfort food in a counter-service atmosphere, from hamburgers and hot dogs to classic desserts.
- Join famous thinkers Ben Franklin and Mark Twain as they tell tales of pioneers and presidents in The American Adventure.
Journey through historic and modern sights, waiting just past shrine gates and a towering pagoda
Catch your breath and “find your center” in the relaxing paths along Japan pavilion’s koi ponds and foot bridges… before you launch into the breathtaking dining and shopping of Tokyo culture!
- Watch your dinner get chopped, grilled and crafted before your eyes at Teppan Edo as chefs stand at your table to create your dinner with style.
- The time-honored art of taiko drum performance provides an exciting beat to your Japan exploration.
- Mitsukoshi is an enormous shop modeled after the original Japanese department store, full of Japanese products, snacks and gadgets.
Venture into Arabian nights (and days) in this Moroccan bazaar of performers and artworks
Jump into the action of this bustling Moroccan-styled marketplace featuring fountains, shops and live performances from musicians and belly dancers!
- Spice Road Table offers small plates and juices in Moroccan tradition with a waterfront view perfect for taking in the Epcot® nighttime spectacular, Illuminations: Reflections of Earth.
- Bring a worldly décor to your home with the jewelry, clothes and exotic artifacts from Tangiers Traders.
Gaze at an iconic Eiffel Tower tribute as you stroll into Parisian paradise
Feast your eyes as the romantic aura of Paris comes to life with artists, acrobats, flowers, bakeries and more, all along cobblestone streets.
- Chef Remy would be proud— Chefs de France celebrates the fine culinary experiences of France with wine and champagne to pair with your meal.
- Catch a glimpse of circus arts as the Serveur Amusant acrobats bring the Paris street performance culture to Epcot® with balancing acts that are sure to astound you!
- Souvenirs de France gives a variety of classic French icons, from miniature Eiffel Towers to berets. Cardmembers, save 10% on select merchandise purchases of $50 or more when you use your Disney Visa Card.3
10. United Kingdom
Wave the Union Jack as you traverse the streets of London to countryside cottages
Witness a jubilant British experience ranging from quiet English gardens to lively performers who delight in entertaining shoppers with singing and fiddle-playing.
- Follow the upbeat tunes of the piano player and join in the fun at the Rose & Crown Dining Room, which offers traditional British pub fare like fish and chips. Cardmembers, you can use your Disney Visa Card and save 10% off your meal at lunch (excluding alcohol).4
- The Toy Soldier store gives a royal flair to playtime with castle models, medieval figures and more.
Enter the green gardens and picture-perfect woodlands of our “Neighbors to the North”
Wonder at the craftsmanship of the towering replica of an elegant Canadian hotel and take in the surrounding splendor, including Native artworks and flowing waterfalls.
- Bring an appetite fit for a lumberjack! Le Cellier Steakhouse is a sit-down restaurant built into the “Canadian Rockies.” Cardmembers, get ready to save 10% off your lunch at this location by using your Disney Visa Card.4
- Looking for a plush moose to hug all the way home? Northwest Mercantile offers Canadian ornaments and glassware, plus athletic wear for exploring the great outdoors.
Cardmember perks provide a world of savings at Epcot® and all throughout Walt Disney World® Resort, too. Plus, Disney Visa Cardmembers can redeem their Disney Rewards Dollars toward Park tickets and Resort stays to access all these international adventures at Epcot® and much more.5