5-Step Guide to Planning a Disney Resort Stay for the Holidays
November 16, 2020
The holiday season provides a time to reflect on what matters: our loved ones, the moments we share and the memories we make. And family vacations at Disney Resorts provide the perfect opportunity to celebrate together in world-class comfort. As you plan for a special holiday season, follow these steps to help enhance the experience even further, getting the most value from your Disney® Visa® Credit Card along the way.
1. Find the perfect lodging.
A vacation at a Disney Resort is a gift in itself. There are different hotel rooms, suites and villas for every preference and style—with unique amenities, dining and recreation opportunities, including pools. And they’re all near the parks, with convenient transportation to get there! Plus, Disney Resort hotel lobbies will have festive holiday decor. Check out some of the most popular lodging options at Walt Disney World® Resort:
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort – Stay on the world-famous Resort Monorail route at this cutting-edge and stylish lodging near Magic Kingdom® Park.
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – Spend time with some timeless friends: legendary Characters from classic Disney and Pixar stories, found all around this hotel.
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – Enjoy Victorian elegance and modern sophistication at this luxurious location, where you can enjoy movies under the stars, pool cabanas and more.
Cardmembers, as you plan your getaway, remember that you can take advantage of special vacation financing to book select vacation packages with your Disney Visa Card!1
2. Plan ahead for festive surprises.
‘Tis the season for special treats! Pack a few fun extras in your bag—maybe some stuffed stockings or delightful decorations—to liven up your resort stay. Those little touches are sure to make your family smile, and you can redeem Disney Rewards Dollars toward them when you shop at Disney store or shopDisney.com.2
3. Don’t forget to make reservations for merry meals.
It’s always a good call to book ahead and reserve meals at Disney Resorts restaurants, especially during the holiday season. Check out our Disney Rewards dining guide for inspiration, and here’s a sampling of some of the most popular dining destinations:
- Sanaa – African cuisine with Indian flavors and a breathtaking view of the Sunset Savanna are all part of the experience at this dining destination at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village.
- Whispering Canyon Cafe – Hearty skillets and down-home tastes combine with lively entertainment and colorful personalities at this one-of-a-kind eatery at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge!
- The Wave… of American Flavors – A whole ocean of Americana options and dazzling style awaits at the signature restaurant of Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
Cardmembers, you can savor special savings when you dine using your Disney Visa Card for 10% off at these select locations and more!34
4. Staying in a deluxe villa? Get ready to cook up family fun.
If you’re getting cozy in one of the Disney Resort deluxe villas, the accommodations include a kitchen—the perfect opportunity to cook and make precious memories together! Why not bake some cookies or warm up with our themed hot cocoa DIY? And remember to use your Disney Visa Card to earn Disney Rewards Dollars when you make grocery store purchases.2
5. Prepare for a magical time at the Parks.
Staying close to the Parks is one of the best parts of a Disney Resort hotel stay. Along with all the incredible sights and beloved attractions you treasure year-round, the activities, treats and décor for the holidays give each of the Parks a special atmosphere to enjoy.
This year, you’ll need to make your Parks reservations in advance, so plan ahead and save your spot! Check for the latest updates on Resort services and Parks information at Walt Disney World® Resort.
Make your list and check it twice to start prepping for some unforgettable cheer to end the year. Cardmembers: Whether you’re relaxing in a Disney Resort or another hotel, or having a festive day at the Parks, make the most of your experience with your vacation perks. Happy holidays!