5 Disney Breakfast Recipes for Mother’s Day
Updated April 27, 2023
Originally published April 29, 2021
Mother’s Day brunch is a beloved tradition for many families. And if the mom in your life is a Disney fan, you can bring the enchantment of Disney Parks home for her special meal—or make any meal into a celebration! Here are three thoughtful Mother’s Day brunch ideas to give you some inspiration. Head over to shopDisney.com for kitchen goods to take these projects to the next level, along with plenty of gifts for Mom. Cardmembers, be sure to use your Disney® Visa® Credit Card to save 10% on select purchases.1 Now, let’s get cooking on the world’s most magical brunch.
Note: Featured items available while supplies last.
Disney’s DOLE Whip®-Inspired Pineapple Mimosa
First up on our Mother’s Day brunch menu? A sparkling, flavorful drink inspired by DOLE Whip®, a fan-favorite Disney Parks treat. Just follow this simple recipe to whip up some pineapple mimosas that will fill you with sweet memories.
- ¼ cup pink sanding sugar
- 1 bottle (750 ml) champagne or sparkling apple cider, chilled
- ¼ cup DOLE® Pineapple Juice
- ¼ cup blood orange juice or orange juice
- Whipped cream
- Dip rims of champagne flutes in water. Dip again into sanding sugar.
- Divide champagne, pineapple juice and blood orange juice between four flutes.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream, decorate and serve!
Dress up these dreamy drinks by using Walt Disney World® Resort Castle flutes and festive paper straws, along with fresh pineapple wedges and any other tropical garnishes and decorations you have!
Mickey Mouse Waffles
The only thing better than waffles: Mickey Mouse-shaped waffles, a staple of Disney parks breakfasts! Craft these creations in your own kitchen using the Mickey Mouse Waffle Maker. Use your favorite waffle recipe, then assemble a scrumptious board with all the fixings: syrup, honey, sprinkling sugar, chocolate chips, all kinds of berries, whipped cream, jam, butter or any other toppings or sides you can find! Simply style your board with the waffles along the center, add small cups or ramekins for the toppings, and scatter the berries to fill in the rest of the space and provide a colorful flourish.
Let Mickey Mouse offer your mom a delicious tray of fresh pastries. Bake or buy her favorite muffins, whether blueberry, banana nut or a whole assortment. Then, make an eye-catching presentation with the Mickey Mouse Cake Stand. For a sweet, personal touch, sprinkle crumbly bits of streusel on top of the muffins, serve some extra berries on the side or include a handwritten note using toothpicks and colorful paper.
Sweet Potato Rosemary Biscuits
Whether mom is a Cajun food lover or you just want to try something new in the kitchen, these biscuits are sure to be an instant favorite. To make the atmosphere feel as if you’re sitting in the Blue Bayou, you can pair this meal with a Pirates of the Caribbean viewing.
- ⅔ cup mashed sweet potatoes
- ½ tablespoon chopped rosemary
- ⅓ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 ¼ cups favorite pancake and baking mix
- ⅔ cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line 15×10-inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine sweet potatoes, rosemary and cheddar cheese in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Mix together pancake and baking mix and buttermilk in a large bowl until just combined. Stir in sweet potato mixture. Dough should be sticky. Do not overmix.
- Lightly dust large cutting board with 1 tablespoon flour. Turn dough onto floured surface and lightly dust top with 1 teaspoon flour.
- Gently fold dough over on itself 3 or 4 times. Using floured rolling pin, roll dough to 1-inch thickness.
- Cut with 2 ½-inch cookie or biscuit cutter to make 15 biscuits. Place on baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Whisk egg and milk in small bowl. Brush tops of biscuits with egg wash; sprinkle with pepper.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot.
Where to find in Disney Parks:
Blue Bayou Restaurant in Disneyland® Park.
If you’re looking to make something that is a little more involved, with a worthwhile pay-off, this is the perfect brunch option. Huevos Rancheros is a classic menu item, and not only will Mom love the end result, but she’ll surely be impressed by the hard work put into it.
- 2 14.5-ounce cans black beans
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup diced white onion
- 1 serrano chile
- ½ ounce dried guajillo chile (about 2 chiles)
- 1 cup tomato juice
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup canned chipotle peppers (about 2-3 peppers)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup diced white onion
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and finely diced
- ⅛ teaspoon dried oregano
- Coarse salt, to taste
Avocado Black Bean Pico de Gallo:
- 1 14.5-ounce can black beans
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and diced
- 1 cup roasted corn kernels
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- ¾ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 dozen eggs
- 21 4-inch corn tortillas
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 6 tablespoons shredded cheddar-jack cheese
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
For Refried Beans:
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add onions and serrano and cook until onions are tender.
- Add beans along with liquid from can, stirring to combine; cook 5 minutes.
- Remove and discard serrano pepper. Mash half of the beans with the back of a spoon or a potato masher; continue to cook until thickened.
- Season to taste with salt.
For Ranchero Sauce:
- Rinse dried chile in running water. Break chile open and discard seeds and stem; use scissors to cut into strips.
- Combine chile, tomato juice and vegetable broth in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Simmer until pepper is softened, about 10 minutes.
- Pour mixture into a blender. Add diced tomatoes and chipotle peppers. Puree until smooth.
- Heat oil in a small sauté pan over medium heat. Add onions, serrano and dried oregano. Cook until tender; set aside to cool.
- Stir onion mixture into tomato-pepper purée. Season to taste with salt.
For Avocado Black Bean Pico de Gallo:
- Combine black beans, avocado, corn, tomatoes, onion, lime juice and cilantro in a large bowl, stirring to combine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Where to find in Disney Parks:
Carnation Cafe in Disneyland® Park.
Always use caution when handling sharp objects and hot contents.
Please supervise children who are helping or nearby.
However you and your family celebrate this year, we hope it’s a wonderful day and that these cute Mother’s Day brunch ideas help make it even more special. Add a Disney touch with the items above while supplies last. Or shop for other gifts, kitchenware, supplies and more—using your Disney Visa Card to save 10% off select purchases at shopDisney.com.1 And to all the Moms out there, thank you for all you do.
August 16, 2022
Discover some favorite kid-friendly attractions, restaurants and entertainment.Read more