DIY: The Coziest Disney Movie Marathon
Updated March 21, 2023
Originally published December 20, 2021
There are few things in life that pair better than snacks and a movie. And if a Disney movie marathon is in your future, we’ll help you take it to the next level with these snack boards themed to three classics: Snow White, Coco and Ratatouille. You’ve now got your films and your feast figured out, but your movie night won’t be complete without comfy blankets and pajamas from shopDisney.com, where Cardmembers can save 10% on select purchases with the Disney® Visa® Credit Card.1 Now, let’s get to building these boards.
Snow White Apple Fruit Board
A delectable nod to the Evil Queen’s infamous forbidden fruit, but with none of the side effects. This apple-based fruit board is as tasty as it is beautiful, brimming with several different varieties of apple, plus Greek yogurt, peanut butter and caramel dips to tempt your tastebuds.
- A variety of apples
- Peanut butter
- Assorted jams
- Greek yogurt
- Cinnamon, pumpkin spice or nutmeg
- Collect various apples of all different kinds and colors. If possible, leave the stems and leaves attached to a few of them to give the board a rustic feel. Slice the apples to create several shapes, such as wedges, discs and cut in half. This will give you plenty of ways to arrange them on the board for maximum creativity.
- Choose some of your favorite dips (we used peanut butter, caramel, Nutella, fruit jams and Greek yogurt, but you can opt for more or fewer, depending on what flavors you prefer). Place each one in a small serving bowl.
- To dress up your Greek yogurt, cut out this printable stencil and use it to sprinkle a Snow White design over the dip. You can use cinnamon, like we did, or another topping such as pumpkin spice or nutmeg.
- Place all the ingredients on the board and experiment with different arrangements. Fill empty spaces with crumbled cheese, shelled and unshelled pistachios or other nuts, the apples, dips and decorative touches like leaves from the apple stems. Don’t forget spoons, a knife and skewers or forks.
Zesty Coco Grazing Board
This spread would make Coco proud with its bountiful selection of chips, healthy salsa dips and fresh veggies—not to mention that guitar-shaped nod to her great-grandson, Miguel. (That’s a spicy chili-lime popcorn, in case you’re wondering!) Tying it all together, of course, is the decorative accent of marigolds, symbolic of Coco and the Day of the Dead.
- Chili-lime popcorn
- Mini bell peppers
- Tortilla chips
- Make the chili-lime popcorn following the recipe below, and look for fun and original ways to display it. We love this guitar mold, or a colorful bowl would add a nice, vibrant element to the board.
- Slice cucumbers, radishes, carrots and any other vegetables you’d like to add to the board. You can also add mini bell peppers and fun touches such as purple broccoli for extra pops of color.
- Gather a few of your favorite salsa dips and guacamole, and put them in small serving dishes.
- Get creative as you arrange the board, with the popcorn in the center, surrounded by a bounty of vegetables and tortilla chips sprinkled all around, plus the dips. Toss in a few lime wedges for those who want to add a little extra zing.
- For the ultimate finishing touch, nestle in some bright and cheerful marigolds. (Marigold flowers are edible, but you may find them too pretty to eat!)
Chili-Lime Popcorn Recipe
- 3 cups air-popped popcorn
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Half lime
- Mix the chili powder and cumin in a small bowl.
- Place the popcorn in a large bowl and squeeze the lime over the popcorn.
- Toss the popcorn, then add the spice mix. Toss again.
- Top with lime zest for added zing!
Dream Charcuterie à la Remy
Any Ratatouille fan knows that Remy is tireless in his efforts to get his friends to stop eating poorly and start enjoying healthy treats, and we’re sure he’d have no trouble convincing even the biggest junk food eater to partake in this enticing board. This sophisticated charcuterie spread is chock-full of Remy-inspired goodness, with fresh fruits and, of course, gourmet cheeses and baked goods. See if you can spot all the nods to the movie (like the stars referencing the top rating of Gusteau’s Restaurant).
- Assorted cured meats
- Assorted cheeses (cheddar, brie, etc.)
- Assorted jams (apricot, blackberry, etc.)
- Spicy mustard
- Every inch of this board should be brimming with goodies. Start with slices of various cured meats: pepperoni, salami, prosciutto, chorizo—anything you can find.
- Pair that with several kinds of delicious cheese in all different shapes and forms: a hunk of Havarti, cubes of cheddar, slices of gouda, whatever you enjoy. Add in some movie references by cutting cheese into star shapes (like a restaurant rating) or creating a chef’s hat design on top of a wheel of soft cheese using a knife or cookie cutter.
- Slice a fresh, crusty baguette.
- Gather some of your preferred dips, such as fruit jams, honey and spicy mustard. Place them in small serving bowls.
- Go wild arranging the board. Don’t be afraid to fold, stack, lean and pile the foods together to create intriguing and attractive shapes. Add in crackers, nuts, fresh fruits like grapes and berries, pomegranate seeds, cornichons and other tasty snacks. We threw in a few sprigs of rosemary, basil and other herbs as an optional finishing touch. The key to success is going big and filling up all the space. And remember to add spoons for your dips (bonus points if you have a honey dipper).
Wishing you a wonderful night of heartwarming Disney movies and tasty grazing ahead. Looking for ways to bring even more enchantment to your cozy night? Consider redeeming your Disney Rewards Dollars toward fun kitchen accessories from shopDisney.com and add an extra touch of Disney to your snack board preparation process.2
January 25, 2018
Gather the family this Valentine’s Day and celebrate the holiday with some fun flicks and an amazing snack! For your viewing pleasure, we’ve chosen five contenders for sweetest Disney movie of all time. 1. The Classic Make your movie night ROAR with the timeless story of The Lion King. Parents and kids alike have grown […]Read more